The Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs invites you to apply for the 2020 Leadership in Strategic Communication Workshop.
This three-week workshop, led by distinguished public health, policy, and development faculty and experts, has been described as a transformative experience. The backbone of the workshop is guided by the P-Process, a five-step communication framework. The P-Process, which has guided the creation of communication strategies for more than 30 years, has been updated to incorporate lessons learned and to acknowledge the real-time, dynamic nature of the strategic process as well as new technologies and the constantly changing nature of communication, social norms, and individual behavior and decision-making. It draws from many other disciplines, including design theory, behavioral economics, social psychology, and anthropology.
Who is this workshop for?
- Project leaders
- Global health and development program managers
- Senior and mid-level officials
- USAID Mission staff
- Development professionals
What will you gain?
- Practical, accelerated learning of communication theory, design and measurement strategies, with a focus on social and behavior change.
- An understanding of multidisciplinary approaches applied in the context of communication for global health and development.
- Current trends in project management, crisis management and leadership.