Are you a facilitator who would like to become more familiar with participatory community engagement methodologies and how to scale them up? Would you like to expand your skills in community engagement design and implementation and participate in discussions on how community engagement fits within the broader SBC context? Then join the upcoming Breakthrough ACTION Community Engagement Regional Master Training in Monrovia, Liberia from April 25–29, 2022.
After the training, Breakthrough ACTION will provide virtual mentoring and coaching to country participants via Springboard to support in applying the new skills in their ongoing activities.
Participants are responsible for arranging and covering their own costs, including airfare, lodging, visa, transportation, and other associated costs. There is no registration fee to participate in the training. Breakthrough ACTION will provide lunch and tea breaks during the 5 days of training and can assist with processing a visa.
Interested participants should have the following qualifications:
- Work for implementing organizations, governments, and donors
- Proven experience in implementing community engagement, community health, health promotion, or social and behavior change activities
- Practical experience in community-based interventions in both rural and urban settings
- Work in a strategic position, (policy/national or operational) in a ministry or national organization with the mandate of conducting or managing community engagement or community health programs
- Graduate from a tertiary level education in health, public health, social sciences, community development, social work, or similar with significant experience in implementing or coordinating community mobilization interventions, or be in a leadership role in coordinating or implementing community mobilization programs
- Experience in the design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of community mobilization interventions
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing preferably from anglophone countries)
Register online by Friday, April 8, 2022
Participants will be notified by Tuesday, April 12 if they have been selected to join the training. Spots are limited and will be allotted on a first-come, first-served basis. Register soon!