If you liked Springboard, you’ll love the NEW Springboard
Written by: Susan Leibtag, Compass Curator
For over 8,000 members, Springboard—the social and behavior change (SBC) online community funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)—has become a virtual community center. During the past five years, SBC professionals have met, discussed, learned, and celebrated SBC as a community. Springboard members have attended virtual events, posted (and found!) jobs, started discussions, and participated in groups based on their interests. Originally launched through the Health Communication Capacity Collaborative project, Springboard is now continued through Breakthrough ACTION, USAID’s flagship SBC project.
In response to member feedback, we have redesigned Springboard and introduced state-of-the-art functions. Starting on September 25, 2018, you will have access to an improved, streamlined version of Springboard that makes it easier than ever to connect, share experiences, access resources, and learn. The new Springboard will offer a faster and more user-friendly interface, make SBC resources easier to access through seamless integration with the Compass, and expand its coverage to topics beyond health and communication.
Want to learn more about the great new features of Springboard? Join us for a webinar on September 25, 2018, at 9:00 a.m. EDT as we officially launch the new Springboard!
Here is a sneak peek at what we will cover:
- Interface—Discover the sleeker, cleaner, and extremely intuitive website
- Finding members—See where your colleagues live on a map and find members with similar interests and expertise
- Communication—Receive a daily or weekly digest with content you are interested in
- Discussions—Start a new discussion with one click and find discussions you are interested in by category
- Engagement—Get rewarded for your contributions by participating in our “Biggest User” contests
- Resources—Access SBC resources directly from the Compass (formerly Health COMpass)
…and much more.
Just register for the webinar and mark your calendar for 9:00 a.m. EDT on September 25, 2018. Then, go to www.springboardforsbc.org and click “Request to Join” in the upper right-hand corner. In a few minutes, you will be able to experience the new Springboard for yourself. (Note: If you are already a Springboard member, you will receive an invitation to join the new platform.)
The Springboard team is tremendously excited to launch this new version. We look forward to many more years of great conversation, exciting events, and engaging learning opportunities. Send us your comments, questions, and suggestions: firstname.lastname@example.org